Application Support Specialist
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining and supporting solutions based on our software platforms (SEAL, StarCapture) and used by our customers, resolving technical issues, and ensuring end-users receive a high level of customer service.
- Provide technical support for solutions developed based on our software platforms (SEAL, StarCapture), including troubleshooting issues, answering end-user questions, and resolving problems promptly.
- Monitor the performance of applications, identify and resolve issues to ensure systems are running smoothly.
- Collaborate with the technology consultants, functional consultants, developers, project managers, and other IT and business staff to identify and resolve software issues, including testing new software releases and implementing changes.
- Manage and maintain application documentation, including user manuals, technical manuals, and system diagrams.
- Prepares training materials for clients and supports training sessions for them.
- Develop and deliver end-user training on applications.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of problems and resolutions in incident and problem management systems, in accordance with ITIL methodology.
- Escalate complex technical issues to the appropriate Level 2 (Consulting) and Level 3 (product engineering) for resolution.
- Escalates complex technical problems to the appropriate Level 2 (Consulting) and Level 3 (product engineering) for resolution, to specialists with the appropriate experience and knowledge to solve them.
- Participate in IT projects, providing technical support and ensuring applications meet business requirements.
- Participate in implementation and support projects for solutions based on our software platforms (SEAL and StarCapture), providing technical support and ensuring that applications meet technical and business specifications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- English, both written and spoken.
- At least 2 years of experience in providing technical support services for applications;
- Knowledge of application servers, SQL databases. Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework is a plus.
- Specific certifications or courses, such as ITIL Foundation or Certified Software Support Professional (CSSP), is a plus;
- Experience with incident management platforms like BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA Service Management is a plus.
- Experience in ECM (Enterprise Content Management), DMS (Document Management Systems), BPM (Business Process Management), RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is a plus;
- Experience in international projects - is an additional advantage;
- Excellent communication, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Star Storage is the right place for you! Discover why!
- Work with cutting edge technology!
We know how important it is to have access to modern technologies that allow you to put into practice the most innovative ideas and to facilitate the best conditions for your productivity.
- You are part of a global success!
Our software products are appreciated worldwide being used by top clients on four continents (US, Europe, Asia and Africa), and you have the opportunity to contribute to this success.
- You acquire experience in exceptional projects for top clients!
Clients from various industries recommend us, both in Romania and worldwide. You have the opportunity to overcome multiple challenges and obtain real competences to develop yourself involving in the implementation of outstanding projects.
- You develop professionally using our experience gained in 20 years!
Benefit from our knowledge and experience of the last 20 years and have the opportunity to develop your skills, access to a knowledge base and top professional courses for certifications.
- You put your personal mark on results and your value is recognized!
In Star Storage we support ideas and personal initiative and cherish results. You have the opportunity to see how your skills turn into value.