Star Storage launches Mobile GIS Solutions – ideal for streamlining the activities of people on the ground
Star Storage, Romanian top provider for storage, archiving and information management (data and documents) solutions, Outsourcing Data Center and Cloud services, launches mobile GIS solutions, ideal for streamlining the activities of people on the ground. Star Storage, a company with a team of GIS specialists with over 10 years of experience, available to all organizations, whether they are private or public customers and regardless of their field of work, mobile GIS solutions for the purpose of locating targets, namely viewing, updating and complete geospatial data and related information (equipment, buildings, land, incidents, etc.).
Mobile GIS solutions from Star Storage are tools designed to improve the activity of the teams on the field, performing on the spot activities of collection and management of large amounts of data and information, in order to translate them into intuitive graphical form, allowing view, search, planning, analysis and effective management of geospatial data and information obtained.
Numerous advantages and benefits of Mobile GIS solutions are assured of theirkey capabilities, which include: working with vector and raster data; collection/measurement geometries of points, lines, polygons type; control mechanisms for collection quality for coordinated; the possibility of amending or adding attributes; secure data synchronization with a GIS server; automatic data treatment on the basis of identifiers or nomenclatures; providing navigation functionality to the fixed point on the ground and searching by attributes; secure access and availability of a web interface for viewing, auditing, reporting and verification of the records/operations/operators.
Organizations that use mobile GIS solutions from Star Storage have important advantages, such as: support for retrieving and updating in the field the collected data; verify and update through field measurements the collected data; access in the field to the support data; immediate and subsequent availability of data and information; automatic retrieval of the coordinates and attributes; automatic collection of coordinates and data synchronization.
Mobile GIS solutions offered by Star Storage helps organizations to:
- Obtain data and information directly from the field and in real time;
- Decrease costs by replacing workflows on paper and eliminating of back office activities (centralization, transcription and workflow integration of the information gathered on the ground);
- Increase productivity by reducing the roadway objective-Office Office-objective – more time on the ground and less on the road;
- Effectively manage relationships with customers through real-time update of information in the system (the status of a work/intervention);
- Obtain decision coordination and rapid communication support, based on a fair and accurate picture of the situation on the ground;
- Reduce errors by collecting information directly from the target area by optimizing data acquisition and to eliminate redundancies in data storage;
- Automate takeovers of land by prioritizing tasks and estimates of works to optimize the route to targets and increase the speed of response to incidents;
- Remove the contradictions that exist between the situation from acts and the situation from the ground through a detailed inventory of the items on the spot;
- Obtain an effective collaboration between the teams on the ground and the management and support line from operational centers;
- Quick access to the data and relevant information, depending on the location (e.g. spatial filtering of objectives from a specific area).
“Mobile GIS Solutions that we offer are part of the new generation – that of solutions which use the latest technology. Now, with the help of our GIS solutions,straight from the land and in real time, organizations can obtain and analyze all data and geospatial information that they need, this very important process in the past it was difficult to manage. As alternative delivery model we offer Cloud – Software as a Service – in this sense, mobile GIS solutions that we provide do not require initial investment in licenses or equipment. Thus, by using the cloud services offered by Star Storage under the StarVault brand, all organizations will have real-time access to accurate geospatial data and information, which are essential for identifying, evaluating, monitoring, documentation and optimum allocation of resources in order to increase productivity and minimize risks, they can do it immediately, simply and without any initial investment.
Star Storage offers its customers GIS solutions with value-added , through which they obtain cost reduction and streamlining the activities of collecting, updating and verification of data and make available to them GIS specialists with extensive experience in the field, which, over the years, participated in the design and successful implementation of enterprise GIS systems, both at the national and regional levels.” said Catalin Paunescu, Managing Director Star Storage.
In addition to the Mobile GIS solutions, Star Storage meets the growing needs of all organizations both private and public, needs related to obtaining and efficient management of geospatial data and information, by providing them a complete portfolio of GIS solutions, which include, for example, consultancy and analysis, custom application development, GIS platforms, integrated GIS systems, mapping, scanning and conversion, data acquisition in the field, specialized training, etc.
About STAR STORAGE – INFORMATION MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCING | CLOUD
Star Storage is a Romanian company with 100% private capital, leader in the field of storage, archiving and information management (data and documents) solutions in Romania. With more than 12 years of experience on the Romanian market, Star Storage has developed an entire portfolio of solutions and services starting from the principle of complete integration throughout the entire life cycle of information generated by a company – from the moment of production up to the moment of storage or destruction: output management outsourcing services (document production), archiving management outsourcing, Cloud and Data Center outsourcing, IT infrastructure solutions and business solutions, all integrated with geospatial information management solutions (GIS).